Leif and Jason early early early in the morning, playing with the choo-choo that was under the tree, chugging, when we woke up.
In his new school desk, "It's just my size!" from his Mommy & Daddy. It was an antique find on our trip to Maryland! :) (And yes, all he wore the whole time were his underpants - *sigh* - 3 year olds!)
Learning to use the remote control - it even whistles and chimes (I'm so easily amused!)
Those are really the only pictures I took on Christmas. I hate Christmas pictures...for some reaon, they're always dark and not good at all, and I really don't like taking them, because mine never turn out right. Same for Christmas decoration pictures - they always are dull, too, when taken by me. Not my forte, that's for sure!
Anyway, sorry for the lateness of this post, I've been in a photography/blogging slump of late. Will pull out of it here shortly, though! :)
We've been having a good but busy year so far, lots of crafting and working going on, which is great. I'll be posting more this week (pictures from the past few weeks that I haven't posted.)
Oh, back to Christmas right quick - went to Caryn's house with some of the family (although not much) for Christmas dinner.
Standing Rib Roast with Ox-tail Au jus, Yorkshire Puddings, Roasted Green Beans, and Scalloped Potatoes. I must say, that this was probably one of the best meals I've had in my life - and as someone who has eaten more than her fair share of high-end meals, that's sayin' something. It may have even been the best - perfectly cooked roast, insane puddings, and the au jus! Oh, it was heaven.
So, thanks, De Grande !
PS. Leif is sitting on my lap right now and his hair is very fuzzy and he smells very good. Just thought you might want to know.

The first picture is a beaut. What kind of camera do you have? Also , do you have a sewing machine? Almost all of the projects in Amanda's new book are sewing related. Your little bud is so snuggly.....and nude :)
ReplyDeleteHey Bud!
ReplyDeleteMy camera is a Nikon D80.
I actually do have a sewing machine here at the house (on loan from my sister).
Me knowing how to use it, however, is a VERY different subject! ;)
Between Leif's unscrewing of machine parts and scattering them all over the house (including inside the sewing machine!) and my timidity at using a machine when I've hardly used a regular sewing needle in my life...well, frankly, the machine has never been used!
One day I will use it, and Amanda's book will be at the top of my list for books of inspiration!
As for Leif, he generally is {nude or close to it}. He likes to be that way.
That's the camera I've been dreaming of......actually a d90, but pretty much the same thing! Maybe someday it will be under the tree.
ReplyDeleteI can understand that about the sewing(well not the scattering about the house part....yet anyways). Sometimes it can be really frustrating b/c the machine acts up a lot but it is a good skill to have. I think you would enjoy it- very satisfying when you actually make something. Let me know when you start sewing and i'll send you my book.
Tell little leify to put his clothes on or Santa is taking his presents back.....too late for this year I guess.