Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Aren't we supposed to be having a Fiesta?

Leif and Katy beating the dirt with bamboo sticks until we told them to stop. The Chicken House, as Leif calls it, is behind them.
On Sunday, Leif and I drove to Avery's house (as Leify says) for a shindig to welcome DaMomma back from her European Pilgrimage. It was the first time most of us had seen her in a month! It was so good to see her again and rub her fuzzy head. :)
Scott and Spring whipped up some homemade pasta with Bolognese Sauce and a lovely simple salad with olives and cukes. The olives were so good, after the party I went directly to the store and bought three cans of them! Mmm...(and yes, one can is already gone from my snacking).
Caryn brought Pecan Bars and Raspberry Bars which were like little blasts from the past. Ally brought Flan, which was promptly devoured.
Of course, I didn't photograph any of the yummy food or anything. I forgot to bring out the camera until after the meal was done, so no food pics, sorry.
My lack of decent photos from that day may have something to do with a certain unruly toddler I know (dirt-throwing, spitting in people's faces, bouncy ball whacking, bamboo stick hitting child - ugh!)...or not.
Anyway, following are some rather cruddy pictures, sans one of Willie that is rather adorable, that I took that day. This next one of Emma was very nearly amazing, but not quite (through no fault of Emma's!) I can't believe how big and grown up she is getting. Makes me rather blue.
It was a lovely time - I only wished the pictures were, too!
PS: the Title of this post is a movieline - anyone know the movie? Bonus if you can tell me the name of the character who says it!
PPS. After looking at the posted pictures, I've realized that 98% of them are blurry shots of Leif. Do know that everyone made faces at my camera that day, so unless everyone wants to see themselves with their tongues out and half closed eyes, blurry Leif pics it is!

Emma Sue watching the cornhole game.

My view from the porch where I was pleasantly plopped. I thought the light was pretty in the sky and on the oaks.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment