Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 2 of Spring Cleaning


On the second day of the Spring Cleaning Party over at Simple Mom, we took to our main licing area (living/family room) and totally denuded it in order to clean. Everything had to come out, all books, CDs, knickknacks, etc. Only furniture and rugs remain! So, silly me forgot to take a Before picture, but here is a During picture. I, unfortunately, hadn't really gone through the books since we moved here, so they were on the shelves a little willy-nilly (out of order). Same with my CDs. So, I pulled all the books off the shelves and piled them on the quilt laid out in the dining room. I thought that would be enough room, but clearly, it was not. I think, in these photos, I wasn't even finished unloading the books, and I hadn't even done half the CDs. I'm still not finished - Jason and I have to go through some stacks and see if we want to keep them all. :) Anyway, this is all part of the fun Spring Cleaning Party!






A Pile of Books.






And more books...










and more. How odd, Toqueville's "Democracy in America" landed right next to Karl Marx's book. Hmn - But I shan't venture any more comments on that!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What exactly does your family use the licing room for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what Karl Marx would have to say about the current state of democracy in America?

    ReplyDelete